Worldwide Celebration of French Cuisine - Goût de France/ Good France2:28 PM
On 21 January 2015, Mr. Laurent Fabius, French Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development, along with world-renowned 3-Michelin-starred Chef Alain Ducasse, officially launched the “Goût de France/Good France” project. This special initiative aims to celebrate French gastronomy worldwide, with 1300 chefs serving a “French-style dinner” on March 19, 2015, on all five continents.
A committee of international chefs, led by Alain Ducasse, selected and unveiled the final list of restaurants participating in Goût de France/Good France”. They scrutinized proposals submitted by restaurants all over the world, which prepared a menu representative of French gastronomy:
• A French traditional aperitif (Champagne and gougeres -stuffed or not- or Iced cognac and foie gras)
• A cold appetizer and a hot appetizer
• A fish or shell-fish course and one meat or poultry course
• Vegetables to represent the values of healthy eating and environmental responsibility
• One or a selection of French cheeses
• One chocolate dessert
• French wines and one French liqueur
Among the finalists, 48 restaurants are located in India. With this massive participation, India ranks 4th in the world, after Italy (96), Japan (61) and Brazil (55), just ahead of the United States (46). It highlights the importance attached to gastronomy in India, as well as in France, gastronomy being part of both countries’ identity.
Happy news for Bangaloreans: Lalit Bangalore,Cafe Noir,Le Cirque Signature and Le Jardin chosen for French Cuisine #GoodFrance #GoutdeFrance